QuickBooks error codes related to the H series generally occur while using the software for preparing financial reports. Though, you might face numerous error codes while utilizing the QuickBooks software. You may face QuickBooks Error H101 at the time of switching the PC to multi-user mode. Furthermore, there can be many instances in which you may fall into the same issue.
In this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks error code H101 and all the possible causes. Further, you may have a look at the solutions to fix the same.
Introducing QuickBooks Error H101
The H101 error in QuickBooks can appear when you are accessing the company file on another PC. This error code is a technical interruption that can be encountered because of numerous causes. A message will appear on the screen stating “Error H101: The system needs additional configuration in which the company file is saved.” To resolve this issue, you first look for the causes and then find out the solutions for fixing it.
What may give rise to QuickBooks Error H101?
Understanding the root causes behind an error plays a vital role while resolving it. For your convenience, we have given all the reasons behind the H101 error in QuickBooks.
- If the PC fails to connect with the server, this might lead to QuickBooks H101 Error.
- Failed to run the company file frequently may cause the error H101 QuickBooks.
- If you can’t get the IP address of the system, then your PC may show the error H101.
- Due to an incorrect configuration of the company files.
How can you troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H101?
Well, the solutions may vary depending upon the reasons for the error H101 QuickBooks encountered. If you want to fix it manually, then here are some probable solutions that can assist you in dealing with the issue.
Solution 1: Using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- The first step is to run the tool on the server system.
- Click on QuickBooks file doctor.
- Choose the File Menu and select the File Doctor to fix QuickBooks H101 error.
Now, fix errors related to multi-user hosting by applying these steps.
- Firstly, search for the company files locally on the server.
- Then, click on Check your Network and select Continue.
- Now, choose the Server option on the host system.
- Finally, tap on Yes after the shared folder notification appears on the screen.
Solution 2: Validate QuickBooks Services
- Firstly, launch the Run box and write Services.MSc.
- Press Enter.
- After that, press and hold Ctrl + Shift +Esc to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Services tab and select Services.
- Open the Name column and find out the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Double-tap on the service name and then, choose Properties.
- Click on the Startup Type and choose Automatic.
- Next, make sure that to turn on the service status. If not, then choose the Start option to turn it on.
- Click on the Recovery option and choose the First failure.
- Finally, click on Restart the service. Next, open the services again.
Also Read About: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H202?
Solution 3: Check the Hosting
- Firstly, go to the File Menu and choose Utility.
- Choose the Host Multi-User Access option in the list.
- Now, click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Lastly, choose the Company File Window and click on Yes.
Solution 4: Verify the QB Network Ports
- First of all, go to the Control Panel and choose System & Security.
- And then, open Windows Firewall and search for the Advanced Settings.
- Right-tap on the Inbound Rules, then choose New Rule.
- Choose the Rule Type and click on Port.
- Select TCP and particular local ports.
- Add all the required QuickBooks ports and press Next.
- Click on Allow the connection in the window.
- And then, press Next.
- Choose the Network Type and check all the ticked options.
- Lastly, re-title to the rule and press Next.
The same steps can be applied to the outbound rules.
Solution 5: Make a New Company File Folder
- To begin with, make a new folder and share it with the hosting PC.
- Now, set Windows to have permission to share the files.
- After that, copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- Finally, launch the company files in multi-user mode.
Looking for Technical Help?
Hopefully, you have got the required info regarding QuickBooks Error H101 with the assistance of this post. There might be an instance of getting stuck in an issue while applying the aforementioned solutions. If you are still facing the same issue frequently and looking for assistance, feel free to get in touch with our certified experts to get instant support from our team. We are available 24/7 just to provide you with relevant and efficient solutions.