QuickBooks is generally utilized by various small to mid-sized businesses for managing daily-basis accounting tasks. However, you may come across different error codes while using QuickBooks. Because of such technical glitches, your work may get affected and the company files can’t be accessed. In this post, we will discuss QuickBooks Error 1328 that may take place while installing or updating the QuickBooks Desktop. If in case, you have also experienced the same error during any process, feel free to take assistance from one of our professionals.
Now, you must go through the whole article carefully to overcome the error 1328 QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error 1328?
QuickBooks update error 1328 is also known as FDI server error that can be appeared while updating, installing, uninstalling, or repairing the software. Additionally, the error 1328 will show up on your screen in various ways, yet the company file reference of the same issue resembles C: \ config.msi \.
The config.msi envelope is a data storehouse that needs fewer establishments. To know additional causes accountable for the error 1328, check out the whole post.
Possible causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1328
Below, we have given all the probable reasons accountable for the error 1328 in QuickBooks.
- An incorrect installation of the software may lead to error 1328.
- When you have failed to uninstall the software that may have left invalid entries, this may give rise to an issue.
- Due to virus or malware attack.
- If you are downloading the software not in a proper manner, this might also be the reason behind QuickBooks update error 1328.
- Because of not being connected to the internet, which troubles you while downloading QuickBooks and leads to an issue.
How can you fix QuickBooks Error 1328?
Well, you can find out various fixes to troubleshoot QuickBooks update error 1328 on the web. However, we are only providing you with the relevant and efficient solutions for dealing with the same. Let’s have a look at the following solutions and apply them one by one.
Solution 1: Repairing QuickBooks Installation Process
- First of all, log in to Windows by entering the Admin credentials.
- Access the Windows Control Panel tab and click on Program & Features.
- After that, it will lead to the QuickBooks product heading where you need to choose the uninstall option.
- Now, click on the repair option when you get the QuickBooks installer on the screen.
- Access QuickBooks and apply patches.
- Finally, check whether QuickBooks update error 1328 has been resolved.
Solution 2: Utilizing the Registry Repair tool
- First of all, apply any registry tool and start repairing the damaged registry entries associated with the QuickBooks software.
- And then, run a malware removal tool to resolve any type of malware infectious attack from the PC.
- Next, delete all the unnecessary or junk files from your system.
- After that, you need to uninstall all the outdated PC Device Drivers.
- Now, you have to restore the changes by choosing the Undo via Recent System Changes.
- In this step, reinstall the QuickBooks application and run the Windows System File Checker to scan the company files.
- Finally, install all the mandatory Windows Updates.
Solution 3: Locating the Config.MSI File
- Firstly, right-click on the start key and click on Explore.
- Now, double-tap on the C drove key and you will be prompted with your hidden files or as folders.
- Choose the Tools options and then click on the Folder.
- Go to the view the tab option and choose all hidden files as well as folders.
- After that, apply all changes and choose Ok.
- This shows to run all the mandatory system files.
- Next, you need to right-click on config.msi and click on rename.
- Add old ^ at the end of the company file name and press enter.
- Finally, you will be successful in hiding your operating system files.
Solution 4: Try to use the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool
- The first step is to download and install the QB install diagnostic tool.
- Now, save the tool on your desktop.
- Shut down all the running apps in the background to access the QBInstall tool.
Note: The installation process may more than 20 minutes to complete depends on the internet speed and the performance of your system.
- At last, restart the PC to make sure that the components have been updated correctly.
Solution 5: Perform Clean Installation of the Software
- The first step is to uninstall the QuickBooks application.
- After that, perform a clean installation of the accounting software you are working on.
- Now, do the installation process of QuickBooks from the installation CD Drive.
- Or, you can install the software via a downloaded file into your system.
- Lastly, if you are facing trouble in installing the program via a manual guide, take the help of an expert to do the same.
Expectantly, QuickBooks Error 1328 has been fixed after applying any of the above-mentioned solutions. We have mentioned all the related aspects of error 1328 in this article. If you are looking for further guidance or want to get familiar with your software thoroughly, feel free to hire an expert by contacting our team at QuickBooks Error support Phone Number. We will be glad to provide you instantaneous support to resolve all your issues related to the QuickBooks Software.