QuickBooks accounting software allows you to carry the daily business operations of small and mid-sized businesses. This software is preferred by its users for accounting and bookkeeping solutions. Also, you can perform multiple numbers of things like generate invoices, track sales & expenses, etc. This manner you will come to know the exact position of the companies. Being a QuickBooks user you can avail benefits of QuickBooks database server manager tool in QuickBooks. Let’s understand more about this tool by reading the blog.
QuickBooks database manager enables the user to organize applications for more than one number of users. The QBDM give permission to share company files with other PC’s over your network. It is used to run multi-user access and permit its users to access the company files. To use this tool, it is essential to install QuickBooks database server manager. With this, let’s understand the advantages to install it in your system.
Benefits of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
These are some of the benefits to install the QBDB:
- It will help to create a network data files.
- If you want to use the multiple versions of QuickBooks, then you need to install the QB manager.
- The tool will analyze the local drive and connect its files with the updated version of QB.
- You will come to know the connected company files.
- You can check the number of logged in users.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Download & Install
To download and install QuickBooks Database Server Manager, you need follow these steps:
- First, to begin with the procedure you will be using the QuickBooks Desktop installer.
- Next, you have to begin the installation wizard on your PC.
- Make sure to connect the system to the internet.
- Thereafter, click on yes.
- Read the terms of the software license agreements carefully which is visible on your PC. Click on choose I accept and then press Next.
- You need to click custom or network options.
- Apart from this, you can click “I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this PC, and I’ll be storing” option.
- In case you want only QuickBooks database manager, you are required to click “I will not be using QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- You have to click on yes option and then permit all access.
- Add your product number and then license number only if it is required.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen guidelines.
With the above steps hope you have understood the process of QuickBooks database server manager download.
Also Read : QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
How to Set Up QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
After installing QuickBooks Server, you will be following these steps to set up QuickBooks Database server manager:
Step 1: Open the Database Server Manager
2. Select the QuickBooks option.
1. First, you have to click the start button and then programs.
3. Lastly, you will be selecting the QB Database Server Manager choice.
Step 2: Scan the Folder
1. Firstly, open the QuickBooks Database Manager by implementing these steps.
2. Then, you are supposed to click on scan folders.
3. Now, check the QB company files in the folder. In case you are unable to find the file, you have to click to scan the entire disks.
4. Thereafter, you will be clicking on scan.
5. Finally, you are required to open the company files remotely on your PC.
Step 3: Monitor drives
1. Firstly, you will run the monitored drives tab on your computers.
2. You need to checkmark the checkbox. Here, you need to check that you have added only those drives which have your company files.
Step 4: Handle QuickBooks Database Server Manager
1. You will be checking that the server manager is installed on your PC.
2. Now, by opening the Database Server tab, you need to view the real-time status.
Now, let’s go ahead and know how to update QuickBooks database server manager.
Also Read: QuickBooks Tool Hub
How to Update the QB Database Server Manager?
Automatically the QuickBooks database server manager will be updated. In addition, to do it manually you have to follow these steps:
1. To download the updated patch for the tool, you need to go to the Intuit website.
2. Reboot the server after the installation of the patch update.
3. A message saying “The Company file requires to be updated to continue working with the QuickBooks version” will be visible on your system.
4. It is essential to create a backup.
5. Now, Follow the guidelines to complete the backup.
Steps to Restart the QuickBooks Server Manager
You need to follow these steps in case you are facing any error while launching the QuickBooks server:
1. Initially, you need to click the windows start menu.
2. Next, you will be clicking on the control panel and then choose administrative tools.
3. Now You have to click on the services option.
4. Lastly, click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and then restart.
The blog has given you a basic understanding of QuickBooks database server manager. Including this, you will come to know the benefits of the tool. For the convenience of the software users, the steps to install and download the tool are given. Along with this, you follow the steps of setup, update, and restart the tool with the help of the given instructions.
If you want to know more about QuickBooks database server manager, then dial the QuickBooks Toll- Free Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques- Where QuickBooks Database Manager is placed?
Ans- Initially, go to the start button and then click on all programs. You need to click the QuickBooks database server manager tab and then move to the next step. Now, scan the folders and search the folder with the company file name.
Ques-How am I supposed to open QuickBooks database manager?
Ans– Follow these steps to open QB database manager:
- First, you need to open the windows start menu on your server PC
- Then, you are supposed to type “Database” into the search box and open QuickBooks database server manager on your system.
- Next, you have to go to the scan folders tab.
- Click on browse.
- Now, click ok.
- Finally, you are required to click on start scan.
Ques- How to connect QuickBooks to the server?
Ans- You have to go to the server computer. You need to click the Start menu and then type the database in the given space. Now, you have to click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager has given option.
Follow these steps to turn on the QB database server manager:
- First, you have to go to the File menu and then click utilities.
- Now, click on multi-user access.
- Finally, click yes.
Ques- How should i turn off QuickBooks database manager?
Ans- Follow these steps to turn off QB database manager:
- First, you have to open programs and then features to uninstall the software.
- Now, you are supposed to click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- You need to click on uninstall/change.
- Finally, to uninstall/remove the program you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
Ques- Is it necessary to use QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
Ans- It helps the software users to share the company files with other systems. Apart from this, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager helps the user to monitor the multi-user network. In case you want the other users to access the company files, you should have a QuickBooks database server manager.