QuickBooks is an accounting software that makes calculating sales tax, tracking products, updating transactions tasks easy. The software is designed for small and mid-sized businesses. It helps to handle the financial tasks without the help of the accountants. Sometimes, it happens that QuickBooks users confront some errors while managing their transactions. One of the common errors faced via the software’s user is QuickBooks error 3371.
The specific error arises when you are not able to load the license data. QuickBooks error code 3371 mostly caused because of the installation issues. Thus, it is important to know the signs of the software error before going for solutions to troubleshoot the error permanently. In this blog, you will come to know the possible signs, causes, and various solutions to troubleshoot the error.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118
You might confront one of these sign if QuickBooks error 3371 is visible on your PC:
- You will not be able to open company file in QB.
- The repairing of the installations fail.
- Your computer system crashes.
- You won’t be able to access QuickBooks files or file.
- The computer system starts giving a slow response.
- You will receive a message for a mysterious HTML file.
Causes of Error 3371 Status Code 11118 QuickBooks
These are some of the possible causes for QuickBooks error 3371:
- The error may occur because of the corrupted, lost, or damaged QuickBooks file or files.
- Corrupted, missing, damaged, or lost user information could be the reason for QuickBooks error code 3371.
- Maybe, firewall or antivirus program is outdated or damaged.
- There are chances that the error occurred due to the issues with your Windows Operating System.
- You may see the error on your system in case you have mistakenly deleted QuickBooks related file.
- QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 might be visible on your system in case the installation of QuickBooks software is not done correctly.
Points to Remember Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Code 3371
These are some of the points which you need to know before fixing the software error:
- The user is required to ensure that he/she has updated the Windows to the latest version.
- You need to also check that you are using corrupted windows operating system.
You May Read Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H202?
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 3371
Try these methods to fix the software error. Follow the solutions step by step to troubleshoot the error:
Solution 1- Delete Ecml File
- First, you need to press windows + R together with the help of a keyboard.
- Now, you have to add the path C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- You are required to delete the ecml file.
Lastly, you have to run QuickBooks software and register the item once more.
Solution 2-Update Windows Operating System
- Firstly, you need to click on the start option.
- Secondly, you have to choose all programs and then click on windows update.
- Thirdly, you are required to click on the check for updates option.
- Finally, you need to reinstall and then update QuickBooks Desktop again.
Solution 3- Install Windows Update (Up-to-date)
- Initially, you have to install the most recent updates for windows.
- Now, you need to click on all programs and then windows update.
You May Read Also : What is QuickBooks file Doctor?
Solution 4- Rename the Entitlement File
For Windows XP Users
- First, you need to click on the start button and then run.
- Next, you have to add the path to search entitlement Data.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2.
- Now, you need to click ok.
- Finally, you are required to rename the entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
For Windows 7 Users
- Initially, you are supposed to go to C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv.
- Now, you have to rename the entitlement file correctly.
- You need to create a new file.
- In case the program data folder is not visible on the system, follow these steps:
- First, you need to follow the path computer. After that, you have to choose organize, folder and then search option.
- Now, you have to click on the hidden files and folders too.
- Lastly, you have to open the software to check whether QuickBooks error 3371 is resolved.
The above-mentioned signs, possible causes, and solutions will help you to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 3371. Hopefully, the given solutions will help you to resolve the error. You need to perform the steps of troubleshooting carefully in the given blog.
If you are still finding difficulty in fixing QuickBooks error 3371, then dial the QuickBooks Toll- Free Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques- Do I need to pay to QuickBooks professionals for availing support?
Ans-Yes, need to pay for taking technical assistance. You have to pay the amount as per the pricing plans of the software.
Ques- What I am supposed to do if I am still getting an error message after following the steps given in the blog?
Ans- You need to move to try connecting with the professionals of QuickBooks.
Ques- What to do if I get stuck while following the steps?
Ans- In case you are confronting error after updating the software, you need to dial QuickBooks Toll- Free Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553.
Ques- What does QuickBooks error CC-898 indicates?
Ans- It indicates that the error is related to the loading license data.
Ques- How to deal with other errors of QuickBooks?
Ans- You first need to fix the issue by yourself if it doesn’t get fixed, then you can take the help of QuickBooks experts.