As we all know, QuickBooks is a great application that is used by many business owners to handle their business activities. You can purchase this software to manage all your activities. In case, you are looking for any software that can be used to handle your business. Then, go with QuickBooks accounting and financial software. But, QuickBooks also displays many error codes and bugs. QuickBooks error code 6190 is one such issue that can be occurred while launching the company file.
The following post consists of all the relevant information related to the QuickBooks error code 6190. To get all information, stay connected with this article.
Defining QuickBooks Error 6190
QuickBooks error code 6190 occurs at the time of launching the company file and an error message occurs on the screen “QuickBooks error code 6190”. Due to this error, you will not be able to access the company file on the host PC. Sometimes, you will be unable to match the transaction log file and organization file. You can also lose your company file data because of these corrupted files.
Proceed further to understand the causes behind QuickBooks Error Code 6190.
Causes for QuickBooks Error 6190
Here is a list of all the possible causes for the QuickBooks error code 6190. Before troubleshooting the error code 6190, you must aware of the reasons for the same error code. In case, you are facing one of the below-mentioned cases, this shows your computer is facing “QuickBooks Error 6190”.
- The issue with the transaction log file may lead to the QuickBooks error code 6190/
- When you are trying to update the .qbw file on another computer, this may give rise to the QuickBooks error code 6190.
- Because of the corrupted QuickBooks Company files.
- While trying to access the company file in single-user mode, this can also give rise to the error code 6190.
- You will be unable to launch the files because the files have been stored in the read-only network folder.
After knowing the causes for the QuickBooks error code 6190, you must know the solutions for resolving the error code 6190 instantly. If for any case, you face any problem while attempting the below-mentioned solutions, get in touch with our team of experts.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6190
First of all, if you are going to make any changes to the QuickBooks software, keep in mind to make a backup of the QuickBooks company files. This will help you to recover the QuickBooks data. After that, apply the following solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6190.
Solution 1: Utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Firstly, you are required to download and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- After that, access the file tool.
- You should keep in mind to log in as an admin.
- And then, you will get two options: Both Network connectivity and file harm & network connectivity only.
- Choose the first option to correct the corrupted and damaged files.
- After that, you need to type the admin password.
- Then, you have to choose the company file is on the workstation or server.
- Choose Yes when you are utilizing the company documents on the server and click on No in case of the workstation.
- Finally, click on Continue.
Solution 2: Correct the Errors
If you are getting the same error code 6190 frequently, then you should try to resolve the error code. You should keep in mind that the PC is in the same place where the company files have been saved. The steps have been listed below:
- Firstly, you need to launch the company files.
- After that, look for the company file with the extension .qbw.ND and add .OLD at the end of the company file name.
- Next, right-click on the company files.
- Click on Rename.
- You have to rename the transaction log file with .TLG file extension.
- Click on Exit to shut down the window.
- Finally, launch QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Utilize QuickBooks Refresher tool
- First of all, you are required to shut down the QuickBooks desktop on all PCs.
- And then, download and install the QuickBooks refresher tool from the official website of Intuit.
- You are required to look for the qbrefresherv1.exe file and launch it.
- Choose Fix my QuickBooks.
- Wait till the diagnosing process gets finished.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 4: Update the Windows
- Firstly, choose the Start option.
- After that, you are required to choose the settings and click on Update and Security.
- Choose the Windows Update tab.
- And then, choose Check for updates. It will start updating Windows automatically only when updates available.
- Finally, re-install the QuickBooks desktop again.
Solution 5: Check Single User Mode
- Firstly, you need to log out of the QuickBooks data file.
- After that, restart all the PCs.
- You have to copy the data file and paste it on the desktop.
- Next, you have to copy the data file again and paste it on the original location.
- Finally, you will be able to sign in to QuickBooks.
Expectantly, the aforementioned solutions helped you to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6190. In case, you are still getting the same error code even after applying all the solutions; quickly dial our QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553. We will try to resolve all your queries instantly by providing you some quick fixes. In case, you feel hesitant to talk to our experts, post your queries via forums or emails. You can also get instant solutions to make your software free of error codes.