QuickBooks is vast accounting software that helps multiple users in handling their business finances. You can avail of lots of features and functionalities after installing QuickBooks software in your system. If you are already familiar with the software, you must aware of its error codes that pop up occasionally while working on QuickBooks. We are here to talk about one such error code i.e. QuickBooks Error 6073 that may come across while accessing the company file.
To get detailed knowledge about error 6073, read the following post. We have given all the possible solutions to overcome the same.
What is QuickBooks Error 6073 99001?
QuickBooks Error Code 6073 99001 pops up when you are trying to access the company file and failed to do so. An error message will appear on the screen that states “QuickBooks is unable to launch the company file. It may have been accessed by another user.” If you have also got stuck in the same issue, it is recommended to first get acquainted with the error and then follow the solutions mentioned below. Let’s have a look at the causes behind the error occurrence.
What may lead to QuickBooks Error Code 6073 99001?
Numerous causes might be accountable for the error 6073 QuickBooks and needs to be resolved as soon as possible. So you can continue working on the company file without any interruption. Further, we have mentioned the possible causes that may give rise to the error 6073.
- You may face the error 6073 while accessing the file on another system in a single-user mode.
- When the file has been placed in a read-only network mode, this may lead to an issue.
- Due to accessing the file remotely via GoToMyPC, or LogMeIn.
- When the files are hosted through the Linux server, QuickBooks Error 6073 99001 appears.
Also Read : How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6073 99001?
To get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 6073, you can use the file doctor tool as it automatically detects the issue and will resolve it. If you are still experiencing the error code even after using the doctor tool, then move on to the followings solutions.
Condition 1: When the Company File is accessed in Single User mode in another workstation
- Firstly close QuickBooks desktop on all PCs.
- Open your Company file onto the Host computer.
- Navigate to the File menu and then choose Switch to Multi-User mode
- Switch to multi-user mode – Screenshot
- Still, if getting the same issue then reboot your workstations.
Condition 2: When the Company File is accessed in a Single User mode on to host the device.
- Firstly, go to the File menu and then, click on the Close the Company option.
- Now, launch the Company file again and choose the File menu.
- After that, select the Open or Restore company option.
- Click on open a company File and choose Next.
- Next, select the open the Company file option and again choose Next.
- Finally, access the company file in multi-user mode.
Case 3: When you have saved the Company File in a read-only network folder
- First of all, access the system that hosts the company file.
- After that, launch the folder where you have placed the company file.
- Now, right-click on the folder and tap on Properties.
- Meanwhile, you have to select the Security tab.
- Choose the user who is facing the issues while logging into a file.
- And then, select the Edit option and verify that Allow to full control.
- Finally, click on Apply and press OK.
Case 4: When you are accessing the system remotely via LogMeIn, or GoToMyPC, etc.
- The first step is to choose Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- Choose the Processes tab and verify that the process is running in the user’s name.
- Finally, restart the system only when there is a process under that user’s name.
Finally, we have ended up with this instructive post regarding QuickBooks Error 6073. You can get all the required fixes to resolve the same error code via this post. If in case, none of the solutions worked for you and you are looking for another solution, contact our professionals by dialing a toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number. We are all set to help you regarding all your queries related to the QuickBooks accounting software.