If you are into any business and wanted to maintain the record of your finances and transactions, then QuickBooks is a perfect choice. With the help of the accounting software, you will be able to focus on your small and mid-sized businesses. But, while using the software your work may get hampered due to the QuickBooks error code 80070057. Now, your next question must be like what this error is all about. So, let’s discuss what does this error indicates.
Define QuickBooks error code 80070057 in QuickBooks?
This software generally pops up on your system when you try to launch the company file. On your PC, you will see “Error 80070057: the parameter is incorrect” message. Hence, it is suggested to understand the signs and then possible causes to troubleshoot this error.
What are the Signs of Error Code 80070057 QuickBooks?
It is essential for you to know the signs of the software error to fix the error as earliest as possible:
- QuickBooks program crashes.
- You will face the sluggish response of your system.
- The software users don’t get the permission to delete the company files.
- It occurs when the company file gets collapsed.
- Your system gets crashed.
- The system starts freezing.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057
These are some of the possible causes that may lead to the software error:
- Because of the blockage via the firewall settings, you may face the error.
- Maybe, you receive the error due to the certain ports blocked by the Bit Defender.
- In case the change in the file extension is not read by the software, you may confront the error.
- The damage in the installation of the software may lead to the software error.
- An inappropriate file extension increases the probability of software error.
- If you are trying to launch a portable file without launching the accounting software, then you may face the error.
- There are chances to receive the error in case the company file is situated on the pen drive.
- Damaged company file during the installation may become the reason of the error.
How to Repair QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Carefully, follow these steps and get rid of this irritating software error:
Solution 1: Access QuickBooks as Administrator
- First, you have to look for QuickBooks icon. With this, you are required to right-click on it.
- Now, click run as administrator.
- Finally, check if error code 80070057 QuickBooks has been fixed.
Solution 2: Access the Software Company File
- Click QuickBooks.
- Next, you have to click the version of QuickBooks to launch.
- Check that QuickBooks company file is opened or not.
- In you are finding difficulty in opening, click open and then check that QuickBooks error 80070057 is still visible on your system.
Solution 3: Change the place of the Company File
- Firstly, you are required to make a folder on the C:\drive.
- Secondly, you have to save the company file on the drive.
- Lastly, check that all workstations are running the company file or not. If you find any difficulty in doing so, connect the software experts.
Solution 4: Update the Latest Version of the Software
- First, you have to click on the help menu.
- Then, click on update QuickBooks.
- Now, you are supposed to launch update now tab.
- You need to click reset update box in case you want to erase the earlier update downloads.
- You have to click on get updates and then start QuickBooks again.
- Finally, you need to check if QuickBooks error 80070057 is fixed or resolved or not.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- First, you have to run the Intuit website.
- Now, click the download QB File Doctor option.
- Finally, you are supposed to install and run the QB File Doctor.
Solution 6: Configure the Firewall Settings
- Firstly, you need to add exceptions in the firewall.
- You will be following the firewall provider’s instructions.
- In case you are still confronting the software error, you need to uninstall the firewall software and then install it again.
Solution 7: Configure BitDefender Antivirus Software
- First, you need to run BitDefender 10.0 main menu and click on the antivirus option.
- Second, click on the custom level.
- You need to click on the exclude path.
- Now, you have to go to the new item.
- Click the UNC path.
Solution 8: File Name Extension
- Initially, you need to right-click on the company file.
- Click on properties and then click QuickBooks tab.
- Next, you have to add the file extension.
- Finally, click ok.
We are wrapping up the blog, hoping that the solutions given in the blog fix QuickBooks error code 80070057. The blog has mentioned the signs, causes, and solutions to troubleshoot this error. Furthermore, you can always clear your doubts with the software professionals. If you are still unable to fix QuickBooks error code 80070057, then without any delay dial the QuickBooks Toll- Free Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553.