If the error message pop-up on your PC saying “This computer file is on another system, and the software needs some help connections”, then it means you are facing QuickBooks error h202. It occurs in your computer system when the QB users try to use the software in a multi-user mode. You will confront the error in case the server connection is blocked. Let’s read further and understand how you can figure out QuickBooks h202 error while working with QuickBooks .
Signs of QuickBooks h202 Error
You might be confronting one of these sign if QuickBooks error code h202 is occurring in your PC:
- You will not be able to switch multi-user mode in QuickBooks accounting software.
- QuickBooks users will not be able to open to the company file on another system.
- Your PC freezes.
- Windows runs sluggishly and gives a slow response.
- You will find difficulty in opening a company file.
- The software will start responding slow.
Now, it is important to discover the reasons that are causing QB error code h202 in your system.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code h202 in QuickBooks
The following reasons are associated with QuickBooks error code h202:
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings may lead to QuickBooks h202 error.
- There are chances to get the error if the server computer firewall blocked incoming as well as outgoing communication.
- It may be possible that the error is occurring due to the conflict with the DNS server.
- Maybe, QuickBooksDBXX or QBCF monitor are not running on the server PC.
- Probably, the network data file (.ND) is damaged or corrupted.
Let’s discuss how to fix QuickBooks h202 error with the help of different solutions.
Solutions for h202 Error QuickBooks
To overcome QuickBooks error h202, you need to follow these solutions step by step:
Solution 1- Check Network Connectivity
- Firstly, you need to open QuickBooks on all computer systems that you were using to access the company files.
- Secondly, you have to turn off hosting and then click the utilities option.
- Thirdly, you need to open this PCon the QB hosting computer.
- You have to choose the network option so that you can check if all the networks are visible or not.
- Now, you need to ping all the workstations with the help of the QuickBooks hosting computer.
- Next, you have to ping the host PC from the computer systems.
- You need to use a command prompt to ping the systems.
Finally, you have to ping command syntax Ping( computer name) and then press enter.
Solution 2- Analyze Network Issue with QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- First, you need to download and then install the QuickBooks connection Diagnostic tool on the hosting system.
- Now, you have to scan the folder in which your QuickBooks company files are available.
- You need to note down the IP address.
- Next, you have to configure the firewall ports.
- You need to follow the instructions as given on your system.
- Lastly, you have to open the file where you have seen H202 error.
Solution 3- Add QuickBooks Server Information
- Initially, you need to go to the location where the windows host file is located.
- Now, you need to apply this method on the systems where you are receiving this error.
- Next, you have to browse to the windows host file location.
- You have to click the windows host file and choose open with option and click notepad.
- You need to add the IP address of the server.
- Thereafter, click the Tab key and then you need to type QuickBooks server name.
Finally, you need to press CTRL+S and then close the command prompt window.
Solution 4- Modify the Company File Location
- Firstly, you are supposed to create a new folder.
- Secondly, you have to copy the company files and files with .TLG extension.
- You have to paste the files in the new folder.
- Lastly, you are supposed to open company files in the multi-user mode.
Solution 5- Configure QB Database Server Manager
- First, you need to open the RUN command box
- Now, you have to type services. MSc in the search bar and press enter.
- You need to search for QuciKBooksDBXX.
- Next, you have to double click on the QuickBooksDBXX and then click stop option.
- You are required to choose the start option as automatic.
- Finally, you need to open QuickBooks files once more.
Solution 6- Rename .TLG and .ND File
- Initially, you need to close QuickBooks on all the PCs.
- Secondly, you have to open QuickBooks company files on the system.
- You need to search for .TLG files which are causing this error.
- You are supposed to right-click on the .TLG file and then rename it.
- You are required to add prefix OLD before the file name.
- You need to perform the same with the .TLG and .ND files and with this close QB company file folders.
- You have to press and hold the alt key and then you need to open the company files.
Solution 7- Repair and Update the Software
- First, you need to update QuickBooks software to the most recent version.
- Now, you have to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, you need to run the QB File Doctor.
Solution 8- Repair QuickBooks in Windows Control Panel
- Firstly, you need to close QuickBooks on all systems connected to the network.
- Secondly, you have to repair QuickBooks on all computers in the Windows control panel.
- You need to open the windows control panel and then click the program and features option.
- You have to click QuickBooks and then change/repair option.
- You need to give permission to QuickBooks to make some changes to the computer’s settings to run QuickBooks.
- Now, you are required to update QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Finally, you need to check all the computers whether this error is still occurring or not.
Hopefully, you have got a clear understanding to troubleshoot QuickBooks error h202 with the help of the mentioned steps. The blog has mentioned signs of QB error h202, possible causes, and its different solutions. If you are a QB user and you are finding difficulty in fixing the error, then you can take the help of this blog.
If you are still not able to fix QuickBooks error h202, then dial the QuickBooks Toll- Free Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques- Do I need to pay the amount for availing QuickBooks support?
Ans- Yes, you need to pay the charges for taking QuickBooks support. You need to pay according to the pricing plans.
Ques- What to do if I want tech QuickBooks support from my home?
Ans- You just need to dial a toll-free phone number 888-66O-O6O7 and you can easily avail the tech support.
Ques- How to troubleshoot other issues related to QuickBooks software?
Ans- You can contact QuickBooks professionals and get the immediate tech support without any hassle.
Ques- What to do if I am not able to Fix QuickBooks H202?
Ans- In case you are not able to fix the specific error, you need to dial toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
Ques- What to do in case I am unable to understand the solution of h202 error QuickBooks? Ans- In such a case, you need to quickly get connected with QuickBooks professionals.