QuickBooks file doctor is a tool that aims in troubleshooting the errors and issues that occur while using the accounting software. The tool is responsible to prevent the data in the software’ files from getting corrupted or damaged. It is an in-built tool that is integrated into QB 2016 and the later versions. This tool can be used if there is any data damage or you receive -6000 series errors that are stopping you from opening the company file. You can run this tool in Windows 7, Windows XP, and windows vista .net framework 2.0. To get a better insight into the QuickBooks file doctor tool, keep reading.
Important Points of QuickBooks File Doctor
These are some of the important points that you need to keep in mind while using the tool:
- You need to uninstall the QuickBooks File Doctor before downloading the latest version of the same.
The QuickBooks users are advised to use the external QuickBooks file doctor instead of using an inbuilt one.
Benefits of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
These benefits will help you to understand the tool more in deep:
- QuickBooks file doctor tool resolves network and data issues.
- The tool saves your effort and time in fixing the error.
- It is helpful in fixing various file issues.
Types of File Doctor Tool
Types of QuickBooks file doctor tool:
1. Built-in file doctor
2. QBFD stand-alone version.
When to Use QuickBooks File Doctor?
You can use the tool if you are facing these issues:
- You can use it to resolve all H series errors.
- The tool fixes QuickBooks 6000 series errors step by step.
- It can be used to resolve the installation errors.
- It fixes installation-related issues.
- It is helpful when you face missing or blank lists of customers, vendors, and employees.
Listed below are some of the facts that may cause the QuickBooks data to corrupted or damaged files:
- It may cause due to the malware or virus threats on the hard drive.
- Your software may get corrupted or damage if you don’t have a proper UPS.
- Improper shutdown of the software may cause this issue.
- In case the QuickBooks database file dimensions reach beyond its limit.
Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor on the System
Follow these steps correctly to download and install the tool on your system:
- Firstly, you need to download the tool on your PC. With this, you need to open the qbfd.exe file and then follow the given instructions.
- Now, the QuickBooks file doctor will open automatically after the installation on your PC.
- Next, you have to search for your company file.
- You need to choose the check file damage only and then you have to click on the diagnose file option.
- Thereafter, you have to add the admin password if asked. With this, a message will pop up on your system screen to update your file to the most recent version.
- The tool will automatically start repairing the files.
- A message will appear on your system screen saying to repair the file from the tool.
- Finally, the tool will repair all your damaged files and the network errors step by step.
I hope, you have understood the process of the QuickBooks file doctor download on your PC.
Instructions to Use Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor
Follow the instructions step by step to use built-in QB File Doctor:
- Firstly, you have to open QuickBooks in your system.
- Now, you have to click on the file menu and utilities then repair the file. With this, click on the network problems to open QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, you need to click on browse and then choose the company file that you want to diagnose and repair.
- You have to click on open.
- Thereafter, you need to click on the type of fix you want your file to undergo.
- You are required to press next.
- You have to add the administrator user name and then password and then click on next.
- Finally, you need to open the file after the diagnosis on your system.
Limitations of QuickBooks file Doctor
Let’s get familiar with the limitations of the QB file doctor:
- It is must to have credentials of the administrator to access QB file doctor.
- A proper internet connection is required.
- The tool will not repair the files in case they are more than 2GB.
- It supports only two files i.e. (.qbw and .qba).
- QuickBooks file doctor will only work properly in case you have a single installation of QuickBooks on your system.
- This tool is only applicable to the PC’s which are from CA, UK, and US versions.
- The file doctor doesn’t work in case the data is lost.
- You can only access the network diagnosis in case the software is on hosting mode.
We believe that you have got an idea about the QuickBooks file doctor. The blog has mentioned its benefits, limitations, types of the tool. Besides, the blog focuses on when to use the tool, steps to install, and the process to use built-in QuickBooks file doctor.
If you want to know more about QuickBooks file Doctor, then dial the QuickBooks Toll- Free Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques- How should I repair QuickBooks files?
Ans– You need to follow these steps to repair the QB files:
- First, you need to go to the file menu, then click utilities and rebuild data.
- Now, you are supposed to click ok.
- Next, the tool will repair your file.
- Thereafter, click ok.
- Finally, you need to go to the file menu.
Ques- How does a QuickBooks file get corrupted, please answer.
Ans- These are the common causes of data corruption in QuickBooks files are:
1) Firstly, the network connection glitches could be the reason.
2) It might be possible that power glitches are the cause of the corrupted files.
3) Hard drive issues could be the plausible cause of the issue.
4) Maybe, bugs in QuickBooks could be the possible cause of it.
Ques- Do I need to pay the amount for taking QuickBooks support?
Ans- Yes, you have to pay the amount for availing QuickBooks support.
Ques- What I am supposed to do if I want tech support from my home?
Ans- You can surely get the tech support at your home by dialing a toll-free QuickBooks support phone number.
Ques- How to troubleshoot other issues related to the QB software?
Ans- You don’t need to go anywhere for this. QuickBooks professionals can get instant tech support without any hassle by dialing a toll-free phone number + 1-888-905-3553.