Assuredly, QuickBooks is one of the vast accounting software that has been designed to simplify your accounting and finance-related tasks. Even after having such amazing features and functionalities, QuickBooks is nowhere back in displaying technical errors and bugs. These errors can interrupt the workflow and stop you from accessing the QuickBooks software. Today, we will be discussing one such error i.e. QuickBooks Error Code 6123 that may occur while opening the company file. Let’s find out the probable causes and solutions for the same in this post.
What does QuickBooks Error Code 6123 indicate?
QuickBooks Error 6123 encounters at the time of opening the QuickBooks Company File. This error can also be resolved by using the QuickBooks file doctor tool and QB database server manager. Because of this error code, you may find difficulty in accessing any of the QuickBooks-related programs. To know some additional causes behind the same error, check out the whole post and try to resolve the issue on your own.
What may cause QuickBooks Error Code 6123?
Numerous causes may lead to the error code 6123 QuickBooks that can hamper your business activities. We are listing a few of them so that you can have an idea of the error before going to troubleshoot the same.
- Because of using an old version of the QuickBooks software.
- Due to damaged QuickBooks company files, you may face the error code 6123 QuickBooks.
- When you are attempting to restore the backup from online storage, this may lead to an issue.
- If you are failed to access the QB database server manager, QuickBooks Error 6123 pops up.
Trouble-free Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6123
Below, you can find out all the probable fixes to get rid of the error code 6123 QuickBooks. If you don’t want to take any risk to apply the following solutions on your own, feel free to hire one of our technicians who will resolve the issue on your behalf. Let’s move on to the solutions one by one.
Solution 1: Update the QuickBooks Desktop
Before heading over to any of the solutions, you first have to download the software to the latest version. Follow the below-mentioned steps to update your QuickBooks.
- First of all, launch QuickBooks and click on Close Company in the File tab.
- After that, click on Exit.
- Now, choose the QuickBooks icon and select Run as Administrator.
- When you get the No Company Open window, click on the Help option to choose the Update QuickBooks option.
- Choose Mark All in the Options tab and select Save.
- And then, choose the Reset Update option under the Update Now menu.
- Choose the Get Updates option and try to launch the application again when you get the Install Updates option.
- Finally, restart the PC.
Solution 2: Restoring the Backup from Local Storage
- The first step is to choose the QuickBooks backup file folder from the company file folder.
- After that, search for the file having the .qbb extension and copy it to the local storage.
- Now, access QuickBooks and restore the company file that has been recently moved to the local storage.
- Finally, follow the steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6123 while restoring the file to the newt system.
Solution 3: Restoring the backup via Portable Company File
- First of all, launch QuickBooks on the old system where the backup has been created.
- Choose Create Copy and then select Create Portable Company File
- Now, choose Next and write a name for the company file.
- And then, choose the location where you want to save the file and click on Save & OK.
- Save the portable company file to the new PC where you need to restore the backup.
- Launch QuickBooks and choose the File tab.
- Next, click on Restore a Portable File and hit on Next.
- Open the file that has an extension of .qbm.
- Go through the ongoing instructions to restore the file page
- Lastly, choose Next & Save before launching the file.
Solution 4: Use the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- The first thing is to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub if you have not downloaded it.
- Now, shut down QuickBooks by choosing Exit in the File menu.
- After that, launch the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file under the download location.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Now, double-tap on the QuickBooks Tools Hub and click on the Programs Problems option.
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
- Once you have done with the repairing process, close the tool and access QuickBooks.
- Finally, create a QuickBooks company file backup only when the issue has been fixed.
We ensure that this article has all the related aspects to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 6123. There might be fewer chances of getting stuck in an issue while applying any of the above-listed solutions. If you are still facing the same error code and unable to work on the company file, kindly hire an expert from our team by dialing a toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number.